Senior Planner (Transport & Infrastructure) – Remote
Transport & Infrastructure
CPC Project Services LLP is recruiting for an experienced senior planner to work on a major highways programme.
You will be able to work remotely for the foreseeable future, and most likely for the duration of the programme. We are open to employing the right candidate both on an FTC as well as permanent basis. The role is inside of IR35.
- The Senior Planner would be working with one other Planner to provide this service,
- Major programme client-side planning experience essential,
- Experience with NEC form of contract essential,
- Highways experience strongly preferred,
- Able to work independently and prioritise effectively,
- A good ambassador for CPC, capable of interacting effectively with senior clients and stakeholders,
- Dynamic and proactive, able to take the lead in the planning function without day to day direction from the client.
About the role:
- Working within an established, high-performing CPC team.
- Remote working for the foreseeable future, probably for the duration of the programme.
Provision of a specialist service to define and embed best practice planning and scheduling across the capital programme. The service will include:
- Leading the development of the integrated programmes in accordance with the client’s planning requirements, and best practice processes and procedures,
- Establishing a set of baselines to manage and evaluate client performance and contractor performance. Where performance deviates from the baseline, highlighting risks to the project delivery teams, identifying potential impacts and proposing suitable mitigations where applicable.
- Identifying key programme interfaces (dependencies) and working with the Project Delivery teams to document definitions of these including agreement of completion criteria to ensure a unilateral understanding.
- Working closely with Project Managers to support their maintenance of Primavera P6 / MS Project (Project Online) programme schedules, and management of the interface between schedules.
- Advising on in “what-if” scenario planning, to support the provision of integrated solutions to Project conflicts and recoveries.
- Establishing a periodic schedule update cycle to support integrated reporting across the Programme.
- Leading and monitoring processes to integrate Scheduling from across all projects within the Programme.
- Define planning requirements for construction contracts in support of delivery and procurement teams to ensure the robustness of contractor contracts
- Collaborate with project delivery teams, client teams, and external stakeholders (including suppliers, regulatory bodies) as required to support the integration of all time, cost and quality information for monitoring of project progress.
- Capturing, implementing and sharing best practice project planning policy, processes and procedures across the business to drive continuous improvement, and provide specialist advice where required.
- Providing coaching to the project management community to enhance planning maturity across the organisation.