Assistant Project Manager (Higher Education) – Oxford
Due to continued growth within our property and construction team, we’re currently recruiting for our Oxford office for either an experienced Assistant Project Manager or entry level Project Manager to assist with the delivery of projects within our education and healthcare portfolio.
We would also consider candidates with less experience who have recently graduated from a construction project management degree, or similar.
This is an exciting opportunity to join at the start of the establishment of the Southampton office, focusing on our work along and near to the south coast. There may be requirement from time to time to support our work from the Oxford office and attend team meetings which may include travel to our Southampton and London offices. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic project management consultancy and be engaged with the following example activities:
Supporting senior CPC colleagues in the delivery of project management consultancy services including:
- Attending and contributing to client and design team meetings,
- Attending and contributing to client stakeholder meetings,
- Preparing agendas and taking minutes/notes of meetings,
- Preparing client reports,
- Assisting with appointment of other consultants on behalf of clients,
- Attending and contributing to risk workshops and producing/updating risk registers,
- Producing and updating project programmes (MS Project),
- Preparing, implementing and close out of Project Execution Plans,
- Assisting with contract administration for JCT and NEC type contracts,
- Site inspections, reports and snagging,
- Supporting and contributing to bids and tenders.
Relevant skills and experience:
- Able to work independently and as part of a team,
- Ideally, some experience of project management in practice,
- Understanding of legislative requirements such as building regulations & town planning etc,
- Understanding of sustainability classifications and implementation. E.g BREEAM,
- Good time management and organisational skills, and able to work to fast timescales,
- Excellent communication skills with good level of literacy,
- Excellent quality checking of work,
- Construction Management / Architectural Project Management degree or equivalent,
- MS Office suite including being conversant with the use of MS Project for project planning,
- Understanding of the principles of BIM/Revit modelling/CAD and project information/data exchange. Preferably but not essentially, some working knowledge of this software.