Assistant Commercial Managers and Commercial Managers
Assistant Commercial Manager and Commercial Managers – Transport & Infrastructure
CPC Project Services LLP Manchester Area, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
Assistant Commercial Manager & Commercial Managers Roles
CPC is an independent project and commercial management consultancy, providing the best technical expertise in delivering transportation, property and transformational change projects.
Our people are dedicated to meeting our clients’ needs, unified by a core set of values and behaviours that bring the right knowledge, experience and approach to unlocking every project’s full potential.
As a dynamic Assistant Commercial Manager, this is a great opportunity to join CPC’s Transport and Infrastructure Division driving cost and contracts management across all areas of major transport and infrastructure projects.
Relevant skills and qualifications:
- Experience of working in a Quantity Surveying/ Commercial Management Team
. Experience of working Pre/ Post contract
- Experience supporting cost management activities including monthly reporting, cash flow control as well as forecasting of supported projects
- Awareness of the tendering and procurement process
- Stakeholder management experience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and mandated processes with a high level of accuracy
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office with a particular Excel
Ideally you will also have:
- Experience of working with NEC & NR forms of contract
- Experience working on complex, high profile projects
- Experience in a commercial environment within the transport and infrastructure environment
- Understanding of project and change management methods
- Degree qualification (or equivalent)
- Studying towards professional qualification (eg. RICS, CIPS, ICES) or desire to gain professional qualification
- Have a collaborative approach to both work and contract administration, able to work effectively on your own initiative and be a strong team player
- Ability to operate effectively within embedded delivery teams to drive the optimum commercial outputs in fast paced project delivery environments
How we will support you:
- Support and training towards gaining MRICS or equivalent qualifications, with a range of experts across the team and organisation to mentor you through your journey
- Regular 1-2-1s with your line manager and structured development objectives
- Buddy system to help integrate into the organisation
- Hybrid working (2/3 days per week between CPC offices and client site, and the remainder home working)
- Provide a supporting environment and positive culture to enable opportunities to progress within the Commercial Services division and build and develop your career
CPC – Big enough to deliver – small enough to care
In addition to a competitive salary, CPC Project Services LLP provides comprehensive benefits, including private pension, private healthcare, holidays, assistance with private professional membership subscriptions, training and development, personal performance- based bonus and annual salary review.
We encourage you to apply even if your experience is not a 100% match for this position. We are looking for someone with relevant skills and experience, not a checklist that exactly matches the job description. We want to help you grow and in return, you help us grow into a stronger, more inclusive organisation.
CPC has been recognized as the 8th largest project management consultancy in the UK and the highest ranked SME consultancy*
- *Building Magazine’s Top 150 Consultants Survey, 2021