What’s new for UK Rail at Innotrans 2018?
Did you miss Innotrans 2018 last week? Then, let us summarise some of the highlights for rail and particularly UK rail at this international trade fair for Transport Technology, the largest of its kind, globally.
The 4-day, bi-annual event in Berlin hosted 3,000 exhibitors and over 130,000 visitors from Railway Technology, Railway Infrastructure, Public Transport, Interiors and Tunnel Construction
One of the main highlights was the display and demonstration of new trains that will come into operation across the UK rail network and its metros, including;
- A first look at the new Stadler hybrid FLIRT trains for Greater Anglia –with innovations that which will see a step change for the UK passenger experience;
- The launch of the new Siemens Class 717 trains for Great Northern to operate out of Moorgate – a major transformation from the current Class 313 fleet and ;
- Driverless trains for the Glasgow Metro – showcasing the very different challenges for train design on the smallest underground system in the World.
We were given a peek into the future of rail assets and infrastructure at Innotrans with:
- The Skytrain – the future for high level travel – soon to be operating in Dubai;
- The latest developments in technology and digitization including ticketing, train crossing detection, ETCS systems, people movement systems and camera technology for station management;
And finally, the desire, passion and commitment from the private and public sector to work together to push forward with multi-agency rail capacity and performance improvements such as the ERTMS Level 3 Hybrid.
The next Innotrans event will take place between 22-25 September 2020 in Berlin. More information can be found at: https://www.innotrans.de/en/
- September 18, 2019
- September 4, 2019
- August 1, 2019
- July 31, 2019
- July 24, 2019