Reflections and the New Year
As I reflect on 2017 and look forward to the year ahead, I am in no doubt that we are facing times of considerable change, both politically and economically in the UK, which will have a significant impact on our industry and business growth as a whole.
Besides the uncertainties surrounding Brexit, which, from my perspective, are no clearer a year on, we are also subject to international dynamics that are intriguing at best and potentially catastrophic at worst. In the World of ever increasing social media we now have to navigate our way through minute by minute updates on Twitter, WhatsApp and other more formal news bulletins, all of which could be streaming the new phenomenon – “fake news”.
In the UK, we are subject to more constrained public sector spending and Brexit, be it hard or soft, has led to a more cautious approach by our private sector clients to their investments in major new schemes. That said, there continues to be major spending in Transport and Infrastructure and the need to build 300,000 new homes a year by 2025.
CPC has positioned itself to take advantage of these growing sectors with key roles on Major Programmes in both the DfT and Transport for London, as well as a growing client base in the housing sector where we are currently delivering over 5000 homes, across the length and breadth of the UK.
In 2017 we secured 15 new clients and delivered services to more than 70 client organisations. We also secured 6 new frameworks bringing our total to 23, some of which include Crown Commercial Services, HS2, NHS Scotland, University of Oxford, Ofgem, Strathclyde Passenger Transport, Housing and Care 21, British Land and Morgan Stanley.
We have increased our number of people by 10% and have seen our learning and development come to fruition with nine internal promotions to key positions within our business. Our continued success is made possible due to strong client relationships, a growing reputation in the industry and most importantly the commitment of our people to focus on delivering exceptional client services.
Looking ahead our business strategy and key objectives for the next three years include:
- Increase our revenue to £25m
- Expand our Transport and Infrastructure services to the North
- Diversify into Highway and Airport sectors
- Expand our presence in the Midlands and Thames Valley via our offices in Stoke on Trent and Oxford respectively
- Increase our building of homes from 5,000 to 10,000 by 2021
- Increase our services to the Retail sector
- Increase our client base for CPC Systems both in the UK and overseas
- Grow our business in the Corporate End User and Investor and Developer sector
- Grow our new Commercial Services division
- Train and develop our people to recognised professional and chartered status
- Attract new talent with complementary skills and experience to service our broad client base
- Continue to raise CPC’s profile and brand awareness in the market place
- Regain our position in the Top 10 project management companies in the UK
With the above in mind I am optimistic about the future and proud to be part of a business that continues to go from strength to strength, building on our vision to be recognized as the best Programme and Project Management Consultancy in the UK.
Category: Steve's Blog
- February 28, 2018
- January 31, 2018
- December 31, 2017
- November 30, 2017
- October 31, 2017